The Centre du patrimoine (Heritage Centre), managed by the Société historique de Saint-Boniface (SHSB), is an archives and research centre devoted mainly to preserving and making accessible archives documenting the Francophone and Metis experience in Western Canada and particularly in Manitoba. It houses archival collections, a reference library containing close to 13,000 titles and genealogical ressources.
In response to recent changes in provincial restrictions, the Centre du patrimoine is now OPEN but with limited access.
- Since the Franco-Manitoban Cultural Centre (CCFM) is required to register all persons entering the 340 Provencher Blvd buildings, the Centre du patrimoine’s direct entrance is locked. All visitors will have to enter the building through the main doors and register at the CCFM’s reception desk. You will also be asked to register at our front desk.
- You will be asked a few pandemic-related questions before entering.
- We ask that you wear a mask at all times and follow distancing rules.
Genealogy requests : Drop off and pick up service only. For more information, see here.
On-site research : On-site research is presently by appointment only. For more information, see here.
Normal Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
In 2021, we are CLOSED January 1st, February 15th, April 2nd to 5th (inclusively), May 24th, July 1st, August 2nd, September 6th, October 11th and November 11th.
We will also be CLOSED for the holidays from noon December 24th 2021 until January 2nd, 2022 (inclusively).
Note : Services at the Centre du patrimoine are available in French and in English.
Janet La France
Email : email@example.com
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Marcel
Julie Reid, Archivist
Email : email@example.com
Sarah Story, Digital Archivist
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Halley Ducharme, Genealogist
Should you wish to volunteer at the Centre du patrimoine do not hesitate to let us know what your interests are, which activities you are interested in and what your competencies are. The Centre du patrimoine seeks volunteers to help on a number of projects, on committees and in other capacities.
Please note that at this time, because of COVID, our volunteers have no access to the Centre. We will reinstate the program once it is possible.
- Archives and Library
- Reference library, public computers and WI-FI – free access
- Exhibits in the Salon Empire
- Room rental of the Salon Empire – contactez le Centre culturel franco-manitobain (CCFM)
The building :
The Centre du patrimoine – building characteristics
The Cauchon Block / Empire Hotel and the Heritage Wall
Heritage Wall – pamphlet