At this time, we have had to close the Centre to researchers and volunteers because of tightened restrictions by the province.
However, we are still open for drop-off / pick-up service of genealogical requests.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Instructions in effect when the Centre will be open for researchers again :
- We accept visits to do research by appointment only,
- We accept only one visitor at a time.
- We ask that you wear a mask at all times.
- At your arrival and before granting you access to the reading room, we will be asking you questions or asking you to fill out a form containing pandemic-related questions. To view a copy of the form, see below.
- During your visit, for your safety and ours, we will ask you to follow social distancing rules.
- There is no access to our public computers and scanner at this time. This means no access to online resources like ancestry.ca, PRDH, newspaperarchive.com, etc. You are, however, allowed to bring your own computer and scanning/photographic equipment. We have Wi-Fi.
- Archival and library materials are accessible. At the end of your visit, we will ask you to leave any documents or books that you have touched/consulted on the table. They will be put in quarantine for a minimum of 72 hours.
- Also, you will be asked to leave any pencils, gloves or other materials that you’ve touched in the appropriate basket or bin provided at your research station.
- For genealogical requests, we provide a drop-off / pick-up service only. Unless you have pre-booked a research appointment, you will not be permitted to fill out your application on site. We can email or mail you the application to fill out before your visit. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Form – Pandemic-related questions which you will be asked at reception: