On 1 October, a group of eight Provincial Heritage Agencies (Association for Manitoba Archives, Association of Manitoba Museums, Heritage Winnipeg, Jewish Heritage Centre of Western Canada, La Société historique de Saint-Boniface, Manitoba Archaeological Society, Manitoba Genealogical Society, Manitoba Historical Society) hosted the Manitoba Heritage Summit 2020. The purpose of the Summit was to discuss challenges and opportunities in the heritage sector generally, now and in the next 10 to 20 years, and to use feedback received during and after the Summit to develop a White Paper on Manitoba Heritage. This White Paper will be used by the PHAs for strategic planning and will be publicized to foster public and government engagement.
A writer is required to assist a Steering Committee of the PHAs in the preparation of this White Paper, based on comprehensive notes taken during the Summit, a full video recording of the Summit, and research and surveys undertaken after the Summit by the Committee. The contents of the White Paper will be as follows:
- A brief profile of each PHA and pertinent other agencies, provided by the Committee, and tabulated and compiled by the writer.
- A summary of challenges and opportunities identified during the Heritage Summit 2020 and from responses to an online survey conducted by the Steering Committee, and compiled by the writer.
- A statement of the current state of the Manitoba heritage sector and a strategic vision for the next 10 to 20 years, including recommendations and conclusions provided by the Committee, and compiled by the writer.
- Any additional research required for the White Paper will be the responsibility of the Committee in consultation with the writer.
- It is anticipated the White Paper will be 25 to 35 pages in length, with additional appendices as identified during the preparation process.
- The first draft of the White Paper shall be provided to the Committee by the end of December 2020, with a final revised copy submitted by the end of January 2021.
Written responses to this request for proposals should include a resume, an estimate of the financial compensation respondents expect, and examples of similar work carried out, if available. Proposals shall be submitted no later than Friday, 13 November 2020 at 5:00 PM to Ms. Tracey Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions should be directed to
Dr. Gordon Goldsborough (email@example.com).
Request for proposals (PDF)