Become a Volunteer
The many activities carried out by the Centre du patrimoine depend largely on volunteers who are actively involved in one area or another. The Centre du patrimoine is always looking for volunteers and encourages anyone interested in promoting the preservation and dissemination of our Francophone and Métis heritage to register as a volunteer.
Some of the tasks performed by our volunteers include:
- entering data into archival and other databases;
- helping to prepare archives for storage;
- preparing descriptions of archival fonds and documents;
- undertaking book cataloguing;
- participating in fundraising activities; and
- serving on the Board of Directors or on a committee.
Please note that the vast majority of tasks performed by volunteers at the Centre du patrimoine are done in French. However, we sometimes accept volunteers to help us in tasks where French is not necessary.
For more information, please visit the Centre du patrimoine at 340 Provencher Boulevard or call (204) 233-4888.