The Société historique de Saint-Boniface (SHSB) was created on September 4, 1902, at the time of an expedition in the Lake of the Wood area to search for Fort St. Charles built by the Canadian explorer and trader Pierre Gaulthier de Varennes, sieur de La Vérendrye. Since then, the SHSB pursues its mandate to acquire, preserve and promote the heritage of the Francophones and Métis of Western Canada, especially Manitoba. To this end, the SHSB has sponsored archeological and historical research. She has maintained a collection of museum objects including the first artefacts found at the North West Angle. It has ensured the creation of an archives facility and a library related to the history of Francophones and Métis in the West. Other activities were added on over the years, including conferences, publications, exhibits, training workshops, genealogical research and promotion of historical designations. From 1980 to 2012, la SHSB has also managed the interpretive services at the National historic site of Canada of Riel House in St. Vital. Since 1998, the SHSB manages the Centre du patrimoine.
For more details on the origins and the history of the Société historique de Saint-Boniface, see:
|Centre du patrimoine, 340, boulevard Provencher, Saint-Boniface, (Manitoba) R2H 0G7 - T(204) 233-4888||©2010 - Société historique de Saint-Boniface|
|Here is the photo of the Centre du patrimoine on Google Maps|